About the P&C
The most overwhelming key to a child’s success is the positive involvement of parents…
What does the P&C do?
The P&C covers gaps in Government funding
There are gaps in NSW Government funding of public schools, including:
- no canteen or uniform shop services
- no funding for air conditioning in classrooms at KPS
- limited computer resources
- no funding for interactive whiteboards
- insufficient ESL and learning support funding
- no provision for large all weather play areas at KPS
The P&C fills in these funding gaps
The P&C is made up of parents who volunteer their time to deliver key missing services and products to the school. Strong school communities enhance school performance through the work of their P&C. KPS needs all parents to help!
The P&C Supports Parents and Builds a Strong School Community
- can represent parents in their dealings with the school
- represents parents in curriculum development discussions within the school
- builds a school community which helps children feel confident and happy at school
Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something….
How can I be involved?
When parents give generously, a school can deliver the best educational resources to their children:
- we are aiming for all parents to be involved and contribute to the school
- please volunteer for canteen, uniform shop or P&C roles
- please pay the P&C levy (where financially able)
- put your hand up to volunteer in the classroom, sports carnivals and excursions
- please give more financially if you can not contribute in other ways
Calling all ESL Parents!
Around 60% of KPS students are from ESL (English as a Second Language) backgrounds, we are aiming for 60% of P&C volunteers & position holders to be from ESL backgrounds. Don't worry about English skills, please come along and contribute!
Please follow the link bellow for more details about how you can help!
Nothing you do for children is ever wasted…
Children love to see their parents at school; at assemblies, class reading groups, canteen and uniform shops and helping out at events. This is particularly true for the younger students in the school, it’s a fleeting and wonderful time to be part of your children’s educational journey.
P&C Meeting Minutes
P&C meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of each month at the school at 7pm. Please come along! Below are meeting minutes from previous meetings.